Jump to Main Content
- Abreu, Priscilla Patrocínio; Souza, Margarete Magalhães; Santos, Eileen Azevedo; Pires, Marcel Viana; Pires, Mônica Moura; de Almeida, Alex-Alan Furtado
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 307-315
- Passiflora; ornamental plants; plant breeding; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; plant genetic resources; floriculture; ornamental value; wild relatives; commercialization; sustainable agriculture; Brazil
- ... The Passiflora L. (Passifloraceae) genus consists of about 500 species widely distributed throughout tropical and subtropical regions, commonly known as the passion flower. The passion flowers are considered ornamental plants because of the exotic beauty of their flowers and variant foliage. Since their introduction to the Old World, around 1625, seventeenth century, they have been used to decorat ...
- Khan, Nadeem; Zhou, Shujun; Ramanna, M. S.; Arens, Paul; Herrera, Jeronimo; Visser, Richard G. F.; Van Tuyl, Jaap M.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 399-409
- backcrossing; allopolyploidy; plant breeding; hybrids; karyotyping; diploidy; chromosomes; genome; triploidy; aneuploidy; heterozygosity; introgression; Lilium longiflorum; interspecific hybridization; nucleic acid hybridization; genetic recombination
- ... Ploidy level and intergenomic recombination was studied in interspecific hybrids between Longiflorum x Asiatic lilies (LA hybrid) backcross to Asiatic parents in order to assess the possibility for analytic breeding in lily. By backcrossing the diploid (2n = 2x = 24) F1 interspecific hybrid between Longiflorum x Asiatic lilies to Asiatic parents, 104 BC1 progeny plants were produced. Among these, ...