Jump to Main Content
- Juliatti, Fernando Cesar; Pedrosa, Michelle Gonçalves; Silva, Heyder Diniz; da Silva, Junia Vianna Corrêa
- Euphytica 2009 v.169 no.2 pp. 227-238
- Zea mays; corn; Cercospora zeae-maydis; plant pathogenic fungi; fungal diseases of plants; disease resistance; genetic resistance; chromosome mapping; genetic markers; quantitative trait loci; genomics; genome; field experimentation; linkage (genetics); Brazil
- ... The molecular marker technology has been used on mapping of quantitative trait loci (QTLs) associated with plant resistance. The objectives of this research were to estimate genetic parameters and to map genomic regions involved in the resistance to gray leaf spot in maize. Ninety F₃ families from the BS03 (susceptible) and BS04 (resistant) cross were used. Field trials were performed using a 10 x ...
- Abreu, Priscilla Patrocínio; Souza, Margarete Magalhães; Santos, Eileen Azevedo; Pires, Marcel Viana; Pires, Mônica Moura; de Almeida, Alex-Alan Furtado
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 307-315
- Passiflora; ornamental plants; plant breeding; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; plant genetic resources; floriculture; ornamental value; wild relatives; commercialization; sustainable agriculture; Brazil
- ... The Passiflora L. (Passifloraceae) genus consists of about 500 species widely distributed throughout tropical and subtropical regions, commonly known as the passion flower. The passion flowers are considered ornamental plants because of the exotic beauty of their flowers and variant foliage. Since their introduction to the Old World, around 1625, seventeenth century, they have been used to decorat ...