Jump to Main Content
- Arbaoui, Mustapha; Link, Wolfgang; Satovic, Zlatko; Torres, Ana-Maria
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 93-104
- Vicia faba; faba beans; quantitative trait loci; frost resistance; inbred lines; crossing; leaves; fatty acid composition; oleic acid; plant breeding; marker-assisted selection; artificial selection; alleles; inheritance (genetics)
- ... In faba bean, field based winter-hardiness is a complex trait that is significantly correlated to frost tolerance. Frost tolerance could be used to indirectly select for faba bean winter-hardiness. The aim of this study was to identify putative QTL associated with frost tolerance and auxiliary traits and to quantify the efficiency of marker assisted selection. Thus, 101 recombinant inbred lines de ...
- Turley, Rickie B.; Kloth, Reiner H.
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 123
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; inheritance (genetics); agronomic traits; seeds; lint cotton; alleles; loci; gene segregation; lines; line differences; genotype; trichomes
- ... Segregating populations were developed to evaluate the inheritance of the fiberless seed phenotype of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) line SL1-7-1. We report the inheritance of fuzzy, fuzzless and fiberless seed from crosses of SL1-7-1 with wildtype DP5690, Mexican fuzzless seed UA 3-3 (accession 143), Ballard fuzzless seed (accession 243), and MD17. Results from the F₁, F₂ and F₂:₃ progeny ...