Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Turley, Rickie B.; Kloth, Reiner H.
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 123
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; inheritance (genetics); agronomic traits; seeds; lint cotton; alleles; loci; gene segregation; lines; line differences; genotype; trichomes
- ... Segregating populations were developed to evaluate the inheritance of the fiberless seed phenotype of upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) line SL1-7-1. We report the inheritance of fuzzy, fuzzless and fiberless seed from crosses of SL1-7-1 with wildtype DP5690, Mexican fuzzless seed UA 3-3 (accession 143), Ballard fuzzless seed (accession 243), and MD17. Results from the F₁, F₂ and F₂:₃ progeny ...