Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Zhu, Wei; Liu, Kui; Wang, Xue-De
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 283-291
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; heterosis; leaves; plant morphology; crop yield; fiber quality; lint cotton; photosynthesis; hybrids; leaf area index; plant growth; agronomic traits
- ... Leaf shape is an important factor affecting canopy structure, photosynthetic characteristics, and yield. Introducing okra leaf shape is considered an important strategy in cotton heterosis breeding. The objective of the study was to evaluate the heterosis in okra leaf cotton hybrid F₁s, which were developed by crossing two sterile near isolines and three restorer near isolines. A normal leaf check ...