Jump to Main Content
- Peter-Schmid, Madlaina K. I.; Kölliker, Roland; Boller, Beat
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 239-253
- Festuca pratensis; Lolium multiflorum; forage grasses; permanent grasslands; germplasm conservation; habitats; ecotypes; phenotypic variation; plant genetic resources; plant morphology; cultivars; gene flow; introgression; Switzerland
- ... European natural and semi-natural grassland form reservoirs of genetic resources containing highly adapted and variable ecotype populations of forage plants. Variation within these reservoirs is stimulated by variation in natural and anthropogenic site-related factors. Changes in agricultural practices lead to the loss of many characteristic habitats. In order to preserve resources for breeding, t ...
- Zheng, Yan-Ling; Sun, Wei-Bang
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 231-238
- temporal variation; Fagaceae; weight; seed germination; endangered species; germplasm; seeds; fruit set; seed abortion; plant genetic resources; plant morphology; dimensions
- ... Trigonobalanus doichangensis is recognized as a rare and endangered plant of China. The morphological and physiological traits of fruits were investigated in one population over 2 years (2006-2007) and in four populations during 2007 in order to facilitate ex-situ conservation and eventual reforestation through planting of propagules. The results indicated that morphological traits including fruit ...