Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jixiang; Jenkins, Johnie N.; McCarty, Jack C.; Saha, Sukumar; Percy, Richard
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 199
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; crop yield; lint cotton; yield components; bolls; substitution lines; Gossypium barbadense; chromosomes; interspecific hybridization; hybrids
- ... Dissection of the genetic relationship between lint yield and its yield components at the chromosome level may provide an additional avenue for yield enhancement in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Based on the conditional additive-dominance (AD) genetic model, we investigated the genetic structures of lint yield with its three component traits, lint percentage, boll weight, and boll number, using ...
- Guo, Yufang; McCarty, Jack C.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; Saha, Sukumar
- Euphytica 2008 v.163 no.1 pp. 113
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; plant breeding; hybridization; cultivars; quantitative trait loci; shoots; branching; plant development; hybrids; gene segregation; chromosome mapping; epistasis; flowering
- ... Primitive cottons (Gossypium spp.) represent resources for genetic improvement. Most primitive accessions are photoperiod sensitive; they do not flower under the long days of the U.S. cotton belt. Molecular markers were used to locate quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for node of first fruiting branch (NFB), a trait closely related to flowering time in cotton. An F₂ population consisted of 251 plants ...