Jump to Main Content
- Miklas, P.N.; Coyne, D.P.; Grafton, K.F.; Mutlu, N.; Reiser, J.; Lindgren, D.T.; Singh, S.P.
- Euphytica 2003 v.131 no.1 pp. 137
- Phaseolus acutifolius; Phaseolus acutifolius var. acutifolius; Phaseolus vulgaris; beans; landraces; cultivars; Xanthomonas axonopodis; plant pathogenic bacteria; leaves; quantitative trait loci; plant breeding; disease resistance; genetic distance; genotype; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; crossing; genes
- ... Knowledge of the evolutionary origin and sources of pest resistance genes will facilitate gene deployment and development of crop cultivars with durable resistance. Our objective was to determine the source of common bacterial blight (CBB) resistance in the common bean Great Northern Nebraska #1 (GN#1) and GN#1 Selection 27 (GN#1 Sel 27). Several great northern cultivars including GN#1, GN#1 Sel 2 ...
- Chen, X.M.; Line, R.F.
- Euphytica 2003 v.129 no.1 pp. 127
- Hordeum vulgare; Puccinia striiformis; disease resistance; genetic resistance; rust diseases; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; cultivars; seedlings; virulence; alleles; genotype; linkage (genetics); biological resistance
- ... Barley genotypes Hor 1428, Hor 2926, Hor 3209, BBA 2890, Abyssinian 14, Grannelose Zweizeilige, and Stauffers Obersulzer are resistant to all races of Puccinia striiformis f. sp. hordei so far detected in the U.S.A. Heils Franken, Cambrinus, Astrix, Emir, Hiproly, Varunda, Trumpf, Mazurka, Bigo, BBA 2890, and I 5 are resistant to some races and susceptible to others. Previous studies showed that H ...