Jump to Main Content
- Dierig, D.A.; Thompson, A.E.; Ray, D.T.
- Euphytica 1989 v.44 no.3 pp. 259-264
- Parthenium argentatum; plant breeding; crop yield; plant morphology; high-yielding varieties; Arizona
- ... The objective of this study was to find measurable characters to aid the plant breeder in predicting both rubber percentage and rubber yield of guayule (Parthenium argentatum Gray). A field of 234 guayule breeding lines was harvested by clipping in February 1986. Forty-two of these lines were selected for further evaluation on the basis of superior regrowth, rubber content and yield. These 42 line ...
- Dierig, D.A.; Ray, D.T.; Thompson, A.E.
- Euphytica 1989 v.44 no.3 pp. 265-271
- Parthenium argentatum; cultivars; genetic techniques and protocols; agronomic traits; genetic variation; plant morphology; crop yield; statistical analysis
- ... A selected group of 42 guayule (Parthenium argentatum Gray) lines were evaluated on the basis of various morphological characteristics and compared to a total population of 234 lines. The objective of this study was to determine the amount of variation that existed both within and among guayule lines over a 2-year period. The parental lines all reproduced apomictically, and as expected, many lines ...