Jump to Main Content
- Louzada, E. S.; del Rio, H. S.; Sétamou, M.; Watson, J. W.; Swietlik, D. M.
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 13-18
- acidity; crop quality; total soluble solids; Citrus aurantium; alkaline soils; scions; rootstock-scion relationships; crop yield; rootstocks; chlorosis; grapefruit juice; calcareous soils; Citrus paradisi; grapefruits; stress tolerance; Texas
- ... Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) is one of the most devastating disease in areas where sweet orange or grapefruit are budded onto sour orange rootstock. In Texas, the citrus industry is located in the far south of the state in a high pH and calcareous soils region, which makes sour orange the best rootstock option. The Texas industry has been under a threat since the arrival in Florida and Mexico of th ...
- Becerra-Rodríguez, Salvador; Medina-Urrutia, Víctor Manuel; Robles-González, Marciano Manuel; Williams, Timothy
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 27-36
- tree growth; weight; cultivars; canopy; diameter; crop quality; tropics; tree trunk; agronomic traits; crop yield; Citrus maxima; color; grapefruit juice; Citrus paradisi; grapefruits; pummelos; Mexico
- ... Grapefruit growers in the tropics require information about existing and new citrus cultivars with high productivity potential. The objective of this study was to determine the growth, yield, and fruit quality performance of seven pigmented and four white grapefruit cultivars under the dry tropic conditions of Colima, Mexico. The trees were budded on sour orange (Citrus aurantium L.) rootstock and ...