Jump to Main Content
- Van Laere, Katrijn; Leus, Leen; Van Huylenbroeck, Johan; Van Bockstaele, Erik
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 445-456
- hybrids; chromosome number; interspecific hybridization; genome; chromosome aberrations; Buddleja davidii; meiosis
- ... Interspecific hybrids Buddleja davidii x Buddleja weyeriana, Buddleja weyeriana x Buddleja davidii and Buddleja davidii x Buddleja lindleyana were generated using in vitro embryo rescue 10-11 weeks after manual pollination. The morphological variation within the F1 populations was limited. The F1 progeny of B. davidii x B. lindleyana was almost sterile and no F2 generation was obtained. From the o ...
- Khan, Nadeem; Zhou, Shujun; Ramanna, M. S.; Arens, Paul; Herrera, Jeronimo; Visser, Richard G. F.; Van Tuyl, Jaap M.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 399-409
- backcrossing; allopolyploidy; plant breeding; hybrids; karyotyping; diploidy; chromosomes; genome; triploidy; aneuploidy; heterozygosity; introgression; Lilium longiflorum; interspecific hybridization; nucleic acid hybridization; genetic recombination
- ... Ploidy level and intergenomic recombination was studied in interspecific hybrids between Longiflorum x Asiatic lilies (LA hybrid) backcross to Asiatic parents in order to assess the possibility for analytic breeding in lily. By backcrossing the diploid (2n = 2x = 24) F1 interspecific hybrid between Longiflorum x Asiatic lilies to Asiatic parents, 104 BC1 progeny plants were produced. Among these, ...