Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Yufang; McCarty, Jack C.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; An, Chuanfu; Saha, Sukumar
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 317-329
- cotton; quantitative trait loci; germplasm; flowering; hybrids; plant breeding; cultivars; Gossypium hirsutum; phenology; crossing; plant genetic resources; phenotypic variation; branches
- ... Flowering time has biological and agricultural significance for crops. In Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.), photoperiodic sensitivity is a major obstacle in the utilization of primitive accessions in breeding programs. Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) analysis was conducted in two F₂ populations from the crosses between a day-neutral cultivar Deltapine 61 (DPL61) and two photoperiod sensitive G ...
- Yongjun Mei; Wenming Hu; Shuli Fan; Meizhen Song; Chaoyou Pang; Shuxun Yu
- Euphytica 2013 v.194 no.1 pp. 25-40
- Gossypium hirsutum; additive effect; bolls; branches; crossing; cultivars; decision making; fineness; genetic background; genetic correlation; genetic techniques and protocols; heterosis; hybrids; lint cotton; lint yield; micronaire; models; plant density
- ... The analysis of genetic correlations between fiber length (Len), strength (Str), micronaire, and 12 other traits was conducted using the additive (A)-dominance (D) genetic model, which considers genotype × environment interaction effects, in intraspecific upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) hybrids to effectively improve the quality of cotton cultivars in high planting density cases. Decision-ma ...