Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, L.; Shannon, M.C.; Grieve, C.M.
- Euphytica 2002 v.127 no.2 pp. 235
- Oryza sativa; salinity; salt tolerance; genetic techniques and protocols; crop yield; yield components; nutrient solutions; sodium chloride; calcium chloride; electrical conductivity; seedling growth; tillers; inflorescences; genotype
- ... The lack of an effective evaluation method for salt tolerance in the screening process is one of the reasons for limited success in conventional salt tolerance breeding. This study was designed to identify useful agronomic parameters for evaluation of salt tolerance and to evaluate genotypes by multiple agronomic parameters for salt tolerance at different growth stages. Twelve genotypes were grown ...
- Biancardi, E.; Lewellen, R.T.; De Biaggi, M.; Erichsen, A.W.; Stevanato, P.
- Euphytica 2002 v.127 no.3 pp. 383
- agricultural programs and projects; breeding; Beta vulgaris; Beet necrotic yellow vein virus; history; disease resistance; genetic resistance; plant breeding; cultivars; genetic techniques and protocols; crop yield; hybrids; genotype; Italy; California
- ... In the last 35 years, breeding has greatly reduced the damages caused by rhizomania in sugar beet crops. After the first encouraging results using the Alba genotypes, the cultivar Rizor represented a substantial step forward and has given good yield improvement in diseased fields in many parts of the world. The original variety and subsequent improved versions continued to offer good performances ...