Jump to Main Content
- Chen, X.M.; Line, R.F.
- Euphytica 2003 v.129 no.1 pp. 127
- Hordeum vulgare; Puccinia striiformis; disease resistance; genetic resistance; rust diseases; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; cultivars; seedlings; virulence; alleles; genotype; linkage (genetics); biological resistance
- ... Barley genotypes Hor 1428, Hor 2926, Hor 3209, BBA 2890, Abyssinian 14, Grannelose Zweizeilige, and Stauffers Obersulzer are resistant to all races of Puccinia striiformis f. sp. hordei so far detected in the U.S.A. Heils Franken, Cambrinus, Astrix, Emir, Hiproly, Varunda, Trumpf, Mazurka, Bigo, BBA 2890, and I 5 are resistant to some races and susceptible to others. Previous studies showed that H ...
- Biancardi, E.; Lewellen, R.T.; De Biaggi, M.; Erichsen, A.W.; Stevanato, P.
- Euphytica 2002 v.127 no.3 pp. 383
- agricultural programs and projects; breeding; Beta vulgaris; Beet necrotic yellow vein virus; history; disease resistance; genetic resistance; plant breeding; cultivars; genetic techniques and protocols; crop yield; hybrids; genotype; Italy; California
- ... In the last 35 years, breeding has greatly reduced the damages caused by rhizomania in sugar beet crops. After the first encouraging results using the Alba genotypes, the cultivar Rizor represented a substantial step forward and has given good yield improvement in diseased fields in many parts of the world. The original variety and subsequent improved versions continued to offer good performances ...