Jump to Main Content
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Euphytica 2015 v.202 no.2 pp. 307-316
- Solanum bulbocastanum; Solanum commersonii; chromosome number; chromosomes; diploidy; epigenetics; evolution; gene expression regulation; genes; genotype; interspecific hybridization; leaves; parents; polyploidy; potatoes
- ... Polyploidy is an important factor in plant evolution that may trigger drastic genome reorganization and phenotypic differentiation. In the last decade, extensive studies have been carried to understand the consequences of allopolyploidization, where the effects of ploidy change may be confounded by interspecific hybridization. By contrast, less is known on autopolyploidization, which only involves ...
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Euphytica 2012 v.186 no.3 pp. 731-739
- DNA methylation; Medicago sativa subsp. falcata; alfalfa; biodiversity; biomass; crops; diploidy; eggs; forage; genome; genotype; germ cells; hybridization; landscapes; leaves; ovules; parents; progeny; surface area; tetraploidy
- ... Sexual hybridization is an important generator of biodiversity and a powerful breeding tool. Hybridization can also overcome ploidy barriers when it involves 2n gametes, as in the case of unilateral sexual polyploidization (USP) that has been utilized in several crops, among which alfalfa. This research was aimed at gaining insights into the effects of USP on genome methylation and on phenotypic t ...