Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Wei; Liu, Kui; Wang, Xue-De
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 283-291
- heterosis; plant growth; hybrids; lint cotton; Gossypium hirsutum; leaf area index; fiber quality; crop yield; agronomic traits; photosynthesis; plant morphology; leaves
- ... Leaf shape is an important factor affecting canopy structure, photosynthetic characteristics, and yield. Introducing okra leaf shape is considered an important strategy in cotton heterosis breeding. The objective of the study was to evaluate the heterosis in okra leaf cotton hybrid F₁s, which were developed by crossing two sterile near isolines and three restorer near isolines. A normal leaf check ...
- Wan, Qun; Zhang, Zhengsheng; Hu, Meichun; Chen, Li; Liu, Dajun; Chen, Xiao; Wang, Wei; Zheng, Jing
- Euphytica 2007 v.158 no.1-2 pp. 241-247
- Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; loci; crop yield; crop quality; fiber quality; chromosome mapping; linkage (genetics); inbred lines; plant morphology; quantitative trait loci; microsatellite repeats; genetic markers; Earias; plant pests; insect pests; pest resistance; phenotype
- ... A genetic linkage map of chromosome 6 was constructed by using 270 recombinant inbred lines originated from an upland cotton cross (Yumian 1 × T586) F₂ population. The genetic map included one morphological (T₁) and 18 SSR loci, covering 96.2 cM with an average distance of 5.34 cM between two markers. Based on composite interval mapping (CIM), QTL(s) affecting lint percentage, fiber length, fiber ...