Jump to Main Content
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Euphytica 2015 v.202 no.2 pp. 307-316
- Solanum bulbocastanum; Solanum commersonii; chromosome number; chromosomes; diploidy; epigenetics; evolution; gene expression regulation; genes; genotype; interspecific hybridization; leaves; parents; polyploidy; potatoes
- ... Polyploidy is an important factor in plant evolution that may trigger drastic genome reorganization and phenotypic differentiation. In the last decade, extensive studies have been carried to understand the consequences of allopolyploidization, where the effects of ploidy change may be confounded by interspecific hybridization. By contrast, less is known on autopolyploidization, which only involves ...
- Carputo, Domenico, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Euphytica 2009 v.165 no.2 pp. 353-361
- Solanum commersonii; amplified fragment length polymorphism; DNA fragmentation; chloroplast DNA; genetic stability; nuclear genome; Solanum nigrum; Solanum cardiophyllum; potatoes; Solanum stoloniferum; somaclonal variation; Solanum bulbocastanum; Solanum tuberosum subsp. andigenum; genetic markers; tissue culture
- ... In this work we detected the extent of variability at nuclear and cytoplasmic DNA level of regenerated plants belonging to Solanum genotypes with a different genetic background and somatic chromosome number. As for the nuclear characterization, a total of 66 (18.5%) polymorphic bands were scored using 13 ISSR primers on 45 randomly selected regenerants. Our results show that the regenerants obtain ...