Jump to Main Content
- Vaz Patto, M. C.; Fernández-Aparicio, M.; Moral, A.; Rubiales, D.
- Euphytica 2009 v.165 no.1 pp. 27-34
- Lathyrus cicera, etc ; forage legumes; disease resistance; rust diseases; Uromyces viciae-fabae; hypersensitive response; germplasm evaluation; plant genetic resources; appressoria; resistance mechanisms; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Lathyrus cicera has a high potential as fodder crop in dry areas, but can in particular environments be damaged by rust. Little is known on the availability of resistance against rust fungi and the underlying mechanisms in L. cicera germplasm. The present study assessed and characterised macro and microscopically the resistance to rust fungi Uromyces pisi and U. viciae-fabae, in a collection of L. ...
- Fernández-Aparicio, M.; Rubiales, D.
- Euphytica 2010 v.173 no.1 pp. 77-84
- Lathyrus cicera, etc ; forage legumes; forage crops; Orobanche crenata; parasitic plants; weeds; biological resistance; root systems; dry matter accumulation; genetic variation; phenotype; seed germination; root radicle; host plants; plant vascular system; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Field, pots and mini-rhizotrons experiments revealed the existence of useful levels of avoidance and resistance to Orobanche crenata Forsk. within Lathyrus cicera L. accessions, in addition to escape due to precocity or to reduced root biomass. This resistance was characterized by several phenotypic mechanisms of defence which acted alone or in combination, including low stimulation of parasitic s ...