Jump to Main Content
- Pretorius, Zacharias A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Euphytica 2011 v.179 no.1 pp. 119-127
- Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; genetic relationships; microsatellite repeats; races; stem rust; virulence; wheat; South Africa
- ... Two new races of the wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) stem rust pathogen, representing the fifth and sixth variants described within the Ug99 lineage, were detected in South Africa. Races TTKSP and PTKST (North American notation) were detected in 2007 and 2009, respectively. Except for Sr24 virulence, race TTKSP is phenotypically identical to TTKSF, a commonly detected race of Puccinia graminis f. sp. ...
- Pretorius, Zacharias, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Euphytica 2011 v.179 no.1 pp. 109
- crop production; international policy and programs; monitoring; pathogens; plant breeding; plant protection; races; seeds; stem rust; surveys; virulence; wheat
- ... Surveillance of wheat rust pathogens, including assessments of rust incidence and virulence characterization via either trap plots or race (pathotype) surveys, has provided information fundamental in formulating and adopting appropriate national and international policies, investments and strategies in plant protection, plant breeding, seed systems, and in rust pathogen research. Despite many succ ...