Jump to Main Content
- Golubtsov, V. A.; Khokhlova, O. S.; Cherkashina, A. A.
- Eurasian soil science 2019 v.52 no.1 pp. 83-93
- Holocene epoch; calcite; carbon; carbonates; crystallization; dune sand; feldspar; organic matter; oxygen; phytomass; quartz; river valleys; roots; silicates; soil; stable isotopes; temperature
- ... Results of investigating carbonate rhizoliths formed in the Early Holocene dune sands in the Belaya River valley are presented. Carbonate accumulations are characterized by large sizes (2 to 7 cm in diameter, and about 1 m in length), which is associated with a high content of carbonates in the enclosing sediments and long-lasting rhizoliths formation. Morphology, mineralogical and isotopic compos ...
- Maslov, M. N.; Maslova, O. A.; Ezhelev, Z. S.
- Eurasian soil science 2019 v.52 no.1 pp. 58-65
- Cryosols; accidents; bioactive properties; carbon cycle; grasses; hydrocarbons; oils; organic matter; peat soils; plant residues; plowing; pollution; soil horizons; sowing; tundra soils; washing; water solubility
- ... The influence of oil pollution caused by the accident of 1994 on the biological activity of Histic Cryosols is considered. Despite the use of complex mechanical (oil removal), physicochemical (washing on special devices), and agrotechnical (fertilization, plowing, grass sowing) reclamation techniques, the residual content of oil hydrocarbons in the soils can reach high values. The disturbance of t ...