Jump to Main Content
- Zhong, Jian-Jun; Liao, Ningbo; Li, Charlie; Wang, Wenjun; Wang, Danli; Pu, Yunfeng; Ye, Xingqian; Liu, Donghong
- European food research & technology 2019 v.245 no.4 pp. 825-835
- histidine, etc ; Acinetobacter; Scomber japonicus; adverse effects; bacteria; bacterial growth; carbon; energy; fish; food research; gills; immunosuppression; intestines; isomerization; juices; metabolites; monitoring; nitrogen; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Urocanic acid, deaminated histidine and the first intermediate in the histidine utilization (Hut) pathway in bacteria, has recently been suggested to have adverse health effects by inducing scombrotoxicosis and immunosuppression after trans–cis isomerization. This work aimed to shed some light on the microbiology of its formation in scombroid fish, given that such information is very scarce. The i ...
- Sone, Izumi; Skåra, Torstein; Olsen, Stein Harris
- European food research & technology 2019 v.245 no.4 pp. 775-791
- histidine, etc ; antioxidants; fish products; fishing boats; food research; food safety; foodborne illness; freezing; frozen storage; hemorrhage; histamine; mackerel; muscles; packaging; raw materials; seafoods; shelf life; slaughter; storage temperature; supply chain; thawing; toxicity; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Consumers’ demand for fishery products and attentiveness of seafood quality continue to grow. The perishability of mackerel species and the potential risk of foodborne illness demands adequate control of production, processing, storage and distribution to ensure post-mortem quality, safety and storage stability. This review provides a comprehensive overview of the intrinsic and extrinsic factors i ...