Jump to Main Content
- Zappi, Alessandro; Melucci, Dora; Scaramagli, Sonia; Zelano, Antonia; Marcazzan, Gian Luigi
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2149-2157
- Acacia; Castanea; Citrus; Eucalyptus; Helianthus annuus; Rhododendron; chemometrics; discriminant analysis; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; honey; honeydew; multivariate analysis; prediction; principal component analysis; sensory evaluation; traceability; trees
- ... The botanical origin of honey is subjected to severe controls by Food Control Institutions, both for health protection and for frauds prevention. The complexity of honey makes it very difficult to verify the botanical origin. Among the available validated methods, sensory analysis and melissopalynology are the most widely employed. These methods require a long time and deep consolidated expertise. ...
- Pajović-Šćepanović, Radmila; Wendelin, Silvia; Eder, Reinhard
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2243-2254
- Vitis vinifera; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; chromatography; coumaric acids; discriminant analysis; flavanols; food research; hydroxybenzoic acids; principal component analysis; red wines; stilbenes; wine cultivars; Montenegro
- ... The present work intends to study, for the first time, the characterization of the phenolic composition (hydroxycinnamic and hydroxybenzoic acids derivatives, stilbenes, anthocyanins, and flavan-3-ols) of Montenegrin autochthonous varietal wines Vranac, Kratošija, and an international recognized variety, Cabernet Sauvignon, from different locations of Montenegro, under the same conditions and enol ...