Jump to Main Content
- Magali Castan; Sina-Elisabeth Ben Ali; Rupert Hochegger; Werner Ruppitsch; Alexander G. Haslberger; Christian Brandes
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.3 pp. 353-365
- DNA; DNA primers; European Union; biosafety; corn; genetic stability; genetically modified organisms; laws and regulations; loci; melting; mutation; nucleotide sequences; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; screening; seeds
- ... The examination of transgenic loci is an integral part of biosafety legislation in the European Union (EU). The EU directive 2001/18/EC requires any genetically modified (GM) event to be stable. Mutations in the nucleotide sequence of GM events must be avoided in the production and use of seeds. In the present work, an F1 and an F2 generation of the corn event NK603 were studied in stacked varieti ...
- René Köppel; Verena Peterseil; Emilie Dagand; Ekkehard Schütz; Nina Kolberg; Mojca Milavec; Dominik Moor
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.6 pp. 1091-1096
- DNA; chemical elements; equipment; genetically modified organisms; lectins; polymerase chain reaction; transgenes
- ... Digital PCR promises absolute quantification of amplifiable nucleic acids molecules. In consequence, results should be comparable, irrespective of the analysing laboratory and the equipment used. To assess this claim, we used a multitarget DNA molecule (amplicon) encoding for eight transgene soy traits and the lectin soy reference gene. This multitarget amplicon was analysed by seven European labo ...