Jump to Main Content
- Mousavi, R.; Alizadeh, M.; Saleh-Ghadimi, S.
- European food research & technology 2016 v.242 no.5 pp. 677-684
- Maillard reaction; Prunus simonii; apricots; breadfruits; creatinine; dried fruit; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; excretion; fasting; food research; fruits; hexoses; high performance liquid chromatography; hydroxymethylfurfural; plums; randomized clinical trials; urine; volunteers
- ... 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural is widely presented in foods and produced through the degradation of hexoses and the Maillard reaction. This study aimed to investigate any association between 5-HMF content of consumed dried fruits and urinary excretion of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OHdG). The study consisted of 75 healthy volunteers. After an overnight fasting, two urine samples were collected before and ...
- Aganovic, Kemal; Grauwet, Tara; Siemer, Claudia; Toepfl, Stefan; Heinz, Volker; Hendrickx, Marc; Van Loey, Ann
- European food research & technology 2016 v.242 no.5 pp. 787-803
- Maillard reaction; beta oxidation; food research; headspace analysis; high pressure treatment; juice quality; juices; lycopene; pasteurization; pulsed electric fields; sensory evaluation; shelf life; watermelons
- ... The watermelon juice was processed by thermal and large-scale alternative pasteurization technologies, pulsed electric fields (PEF) and high pressure processing (HPP). The watermelon juice was compared and evaluated immediately after the treatment as well as a function of shelf-life. As a basis for the comparison, microbial inactivation was chosen. The watermelon juice quality evaluation was perfo ...