Jump to Main Content
- Rose, Terry J.; Kearney, Lee J.; Erler, Dirk V.; van Zwieten, Lukas
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 47-53
- Cicer arietinum; Glycine max; Melaleuca alternifolia; Vicia faba; Vigna radiata; annuals; chickpeas; cold season; crop rotation; faba beans; green manures; mung beans; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrogen fixation; nutrient content; nutrients; pastures; poultry manure; relay cropping; roots; shoots; soil; soil fertility; soybeans; spring; stable isotopes; tea; tree yields; trees; warm season; weed control; winter
- ... Legumes play a key role in maintaining soil fertility in pasture systems and when used as a rotation crop or relay crop in annual cropping systems. Little is known about the potential to integrate green manure legumes into coppiced or ratooned perennial crop systems. We trialled the cultivation and green manuring of four annual legume species in the inter-row of coppiced tea tree (Melaleuca altern ...
- Maresma, Ángel; Martínez-Casasnovas, José A.; Santiveri, Francisca; Lloveras, Jaume
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 98-107
- Mediterranean climate; barley; biomass; corn; costs and returns; double cropping; environmental degradation; fertilizer application; grain yield; irrigation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; profitability; soil organic carbon
- ... Improving nitrogen (N) use efficiency (NUE) is an agricultural necessity, as it can contribute to increasing crop productivity, while decreasing environmental degradation. Double-annual cropping systems can reduce N losses while increasing productivity and profitability per land unit. The objective of this study was to evaluate annual N fertilization strategies in a double-annual cropping system ( ...