Jump to Main Content
- Jáuregui, José Martín; Mills, Annamaria; Black, David B.S.; Wigley, Kathryn; Ridgway, Hayley J.; Moot, Derrick J.
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 1-12
- Medicago sativa; alfalfa; autumn; biomass; crop models; crops; experimental design; leaf area; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fixation; nodulation; peat; photosynthesis; physiological response; roots; seed treatment; shoots; simulation models; slurries; sowing date; spring; winter; yield components; New Zealand
- ... This study analysed the effects of sowing dates and inoculation treatments on yield components of rainfed lucerne (Medicago sativa L.) crops grown at Lincoln University, New Zealand. Crops were sown in a split-plot design on 26 January, 21 February, 15 March and 3 April 2012, combined with five inoculation treatments (ALOSCA®, coated seed, Nodulator®, peat slurry and bare seed). Shoot biomass was ...
- Liu, Qiuxia; Ren, Tao; Zhang, Yawei; Li, Xiaokun; Cong, Rihuan; White, Philip J.; Lu, Jianwei
- European journal of agronomy 2019 v.103 pp. 80-89
- Brassica napus; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; flowering; growing season; mortality; nitrogen; nitrogen content; population density; seed yield; seedling emergence; seedlings; sowing; winter
- ... Yield loss in oilseed rape is caused by a decline in plant population density (PPD) due to nitrogen (N) insufficiency. The optimization of PPD is the foundation of the high and stable yield of winter oilseed rape. Field experiments were conducted with five contrasting N applications (0, 60, 120, 180 and 240 kg N ha−1, denoted by N0, N60, N120, N180 and N240, respectively) to identify the effect of ...