Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Dongsheng; Du, Guijuan; Sun, Zhanxiang; Bai, Wei; Wang, Qi; Feng, Liangshan; Zheng, Jiaming; Zhang, Zhe; Liu, Yang; Yang, Shu; Yang, Ning; Feng, Chen; Cai, Qian; Evers, Jochem B.; van der Werf, Wopke; Zhang, Lizhen
- European journal of agronomy 2018 v.94 pp. 1-11
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; agroforestry; annuals; apricots; biomass; climate change; dry matter accumulation; leaf area index; leaves; millets; peanuts; photosynthesis; radiation use efficiency; semiarid zones; sole cropping; sweet potatoes; trees; understory; wind erosion; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Agroforestry systems, which combine annual crops with trees, are used widely in semi-arid regions to reduce wind erosion and improve resource (e.g. water) use efficiency. Limited knowledge is available on optimizing such systems by the choice of crop species with specific physiological traits (i.e. C3 vs C4, N-fixing vs non-N-fixing). In this study we quantified the light interception and utilizat ...
- Paff, Kirsten; Asseng, Senthold
- European journal of agronomy 2018 v.94 pp. 54-66
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; Eragrostis tef; canopy; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; climate; climate change; crop models; crop production; crops; cultivars; fertilizer application; food security; genetic variation; gluten; growing season; heat stress; income; lodging; nitrogen; phenology; photosynthesis; prototypes; simulation models; soil fertility; temperature; transpiration; water use efficiency; wheat; Ethiopia; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Tef (Eragrostis tef (Zucc.) Trotter) is important for Ethiopian food security and a significant source of income for smallholder farmers in Ethiopia. In industrialized nations, tef is becoming a popular health food due to its lack of gluten and high nutritional value. Though tef is an important crop within Ethiopia, research on the crop has been limited. Crop models are an important tool for asses ...