Jump to Main Content
- De Santis, Michele A.; Giuliani, Marcella M.; Giuzio, Luigia; De Vita, Pasquale; Lovegrove, Alison; Shewry, Peter R.; Flagella, Zina
- European journal of agronomy 2017 v.87 pp. 19-29
- alleles; allergenicity; allergens; anaphylaxis; celiac disease; durum wheat; exercise; filling period; gene expression regulation; genotype; gliadin; glutenins; grain yield; introgression; loci; molecular weight; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; protein composition; rain; storage proteins; wheat gluten; Italy
- ... The impact of breeding on grain yields of wheat varieties released during the 20th century has been extensively studied, whereas less information is available on the changes in gluten quality associated with effects on the amount and composition of glutenins and gliadins. In order to explore the effects of breeding during the 20th century on gluten quality of durum wheat for processing and health ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hodgkinson, L.; Dodd, I.C.; Binley, A.; Ashton, R.W.; White, R.P.; Watts, C.W.; Whalley, W.R.
- European journal of agronomy 2017 v.91 pp. 74-83
- field experimentation; genotype; hybrids; isogenic lines; rain; root growth; roots; seasonal variation; soil depth; soil quality; soil water; soil water content; temperature; washing; winter wheat
- ... This work compared root length distributions of different winter wheat genotypes with soil physical measurements, in attempting to explain the relationship between root length density and soil depth. Field experiments were set up to compare the growth of various wheat lines, including near isogenic lines (Rht-B1a Tall NIL and Rht-B1c Dwarf NIL) and wheat lines grown commercially (cv. Battalion, Hy ...
- PubMed Central: