Jump to Main Content
- Sandaña, Patricio
- European journal of agronomy 2016 v.76 pp. 95-106
- production technology, etc ; correlation; cultivars; plant breeding; Andisols; fertilizer rates; Solanum tuberosum; phosphorus; tubers; crop yield; potatoes; genotype; field experimentation; genetic variation; crop management; biomass; Chile; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Increased phosphorus (P) use efficiency (PUE) of potato production systems through P uptake and P utilization efficiency (PUPE and PUTE, respectively) is one of the main challenges for potato breeding and crop management programs. The aim of this study was to assess PUE, PUPE, PUTE and related traits in different potato genotypes (Solanum tuberosum L.) in response to P availability. Three field ex ...
- Tidåker, Pernilla; Bergkvist, Göran; Bolinder, Martin; Eckersten, Henrik; Johnsson, Holger; Kätterer, Thomas; Weih, Martin
- European journal of agronomy 2016 v.80 pp. 45-54
- production technology, etc ; acidification; agricultural land; carbon footprint; carbon sequestration; crop models; crop production; crops; cultivars; emissions; energy; environmental impact; eutrophication; farmers; fertilizer rates; global warming; leaching; life cycle assessment; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; plant breeding; plant physiology; simulation models; soil; spring barley; Sweden; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Plant breeding is a powerful tool for improving nitrogen (N) uptake efficiency and thus reducing the environmental impact relating to crop production. This study evaluated the environmental impact of current barley production systems in two Swedish agricultural areas (South and East) compared with scenarios with improved N uptake efficiency at two levels, in which the fraction of mineral N availab ...