Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of agronomy 2016 v.75 pp. 72-79
- Gossypium hirsutum; Triticum aestivum; cotton; crop rotation; cultivars; early development; fertilizers; field experimentation; fruiting; growing season; harvest index; intercropping; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; planting; radiation use efficiency; resource management; soil; wheat; China; Yangtze River
- ... Wheat–cotton rotations largely increase crop yield and improve resources use efficiency, such as the radiation use efficiency. However, little information is available on the nitrogen (N) utilization and requirement of cotton under wheat–cotton rotations. This study was to determine the N uptake and use efficiency by evaluating the cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) N use and the soil N balances, whic ...
- Zhao, Wenqing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of agronomy 2015 v.67 pp. 61-74
- biomass production; bolls; cotton; flooded conditions; fruiting; lint yield; long term effects; ponds; seedlings; yield components
- ... The objectives of this study were to determine the influence of waterlogging on the lint yield and yield components, biomass accumulation and distribution in the cotton boll with respect to boll position. Cottons were subjected to waterlogging 66 days after the seedlings were transplanted into ponds created by maintaining 1–2cm of water on the soil surface for 0, 3, 6, 9 or 12d. The ponds were the ...