Jump to Main Content
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of biochemistry 2002 v.269 no.3 pp. 884-892
- Pisum sativum; agmatine; binding sites; biosynthesis; cattle; clonidine; heart; inhibitory concentration 50; neuronal nitric oxide synthase; oxidation; pH; rats; spectroscopy; trypsin
- ... The product of agmatine oxidation catalyzed by Pisum sativum L. copper amine oxidase has been identified by means of one‐ and two‐dimensional 1H‐NMR spectroscopy to be N‐amidino‐2‐hydroxypyrrolidine. This compound inhibits competitively rat nitric oxide synthase type I and type II (NOS‐I and NOS‐II, respectively) and bovine trypsin (trypsin) activity, values of Ki being (1.1 ± 0.1) × 10−5 m (at pH ...
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of biochemistry 2001 v.268 no.13 pp. 3816-3830
- active sites; amino acid sequences; barley; catalytic activity; coleoptiles; complementary DNA; corn; cultivars; endoplasmic reticulum; enzymes; extracellular fluids; genes; leaves; mesophyll; messenger RNA; models; pH; proteins; protoplasts; seedlings; spermidine; spermine; tyrosine
- ... Two cDNAs encoding polyamine oxidase (PAO) isoforms (BPAO1 and BPAO2) and the corresponding gene copies were isolated from barley cultivar Aura. Gene organization is not conserved between these two nonallelic coding sequences. Both precursor proteins include a cleavable N‐terminal leader of 25 amino acids. N‐terminal sequencing of PAO purified from barley seedlings reveals a unique amino‐acid sequ ...