Jump to Main Content
- Mahabir, S.; Ettinger, S.; Johnson, L.; Baer, D.J.; Clevidence, B.A.; Hartman, T.J.; Taylor, P.R.
- European journal of clinical nutrition 2008 v.62 no.5 pp. 644
- human nutrition; nutritional status; blood serum; randomized clinical trials; adipose tissue; alcoholic beverages; obesity; menopause; diet-related diseases; body mass index; homocysteine; vitamin B12; methylmalonic acid; women; body fat distribution
- ... Objective: To assess the associations between serum folate concentration and measures of adiposity in postmenopausal women. Design: This study was conducted as a cross-sectional analysis within the control segment of a randomized, crossover trial in which postmenopausal women (n=51) consumed 0 g (control), 15 g (one drink) and 30 g (two drinks) alcohol (ethanol)/day for 8 weeks as part of a contro ...
- PubMed Central:
- Melgar-Quinonez, H.R.; Nord, M.; Perez-Escamilla, R.; Segall-Correa, A.M.
- European journal of clinical nutrition 2008 v.62 no.5 pp. 665
- household surveys; validity; food security; diet study techniques; questionnaires; Brazil
- ... Objective: To assess the internal validity of a multiple-item measure of household food security in Brazil using statistical methods based on the single-parameter logistic (Rasch) measurement model. Subjects/Methods: Sample of the non-institutionalized civilian population living in the municipality of Campinas selected using stratified cluster sampling. Of the 1000 households randomly chosen, 847 ...