Jump to Main Content
- Spinelli, Raffaele; Marchi, Enrico; Visser, Rien; Harrill, Hunter; Gallo, Raimondo; Cambi, Martina; Neri, Francesco; Lombardini, Carolina; Magagnotti, Natascia
- European journal of forest research 2017 v.136 no.1 pp. 161-170
- log yarding, etc ; computer software; equipment; safety factor; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... The authors describe a study conducted under controlled conditions, with the goal of analysing the dynamic tension in the skyline of a yarder resulting from hauling known loads. The rigging was a classic three-cable configuration common to European yarder operations; with a single-span standing skyline and the mainline and haulback used to move the carriage back and forth along the span. Two carri ...
- Labelle, Eric R.; Bergen, Moritz; Windisch, Johannes
- European journal of forest research 2017 v.136 no.4 pp. 639-652
- wood logs, etc ; Picea; Pinus sylvestris; algorithms; computers; cutting; forest stands; forests; inventories; mechanical harvesting; mechanization; prices; stems; trees; Germany; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... On-board computers (OBC) of harvesting machines can now provide optimized bucking (task of cutting stems into different log lengths) by relying on value and demand matrices. Despite existing benefits of these systems in certain countries, they remain largely underutilized and generally poorly understood in German mechanized forest operations. The study aimed to compare and quantify the differences ...