Jump to Main Content
- Skrzyszewski, J., et al. Show all 36 Authors
- European journal of forest research 2015 v.134 no.5 pp. 927-947
- drought; mixed stands; trees; risk; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; production technology; pure stands; site index; climate change; stand density; Pinus sylvestris; temperature; climatic factors; mixing; timber production; forest inventory; stand basal area; Ukraine; Sweden; Bulgaria; Spain
- ... Mixing of complementary tree species may increase stand productivity, mitigate the effects of drought and other risks, and pave the way to forest production systems which may be more resource-use efficient and stable in the face of climate change. However, systematic empirical studies on mixing effects are still missing for many commercially important and widespread species combinations. Here we s ...
- Skrzyszewski, J., et al. Show all 33 Authors
- European journal of forest research 2020 v.139 no.3 pp. 349-367
- Pinus sylvestris; Quercus petraea; climate; climate change; drought; forests; insects; research; site index; temperature; trees; water supply; France; Georgia; Spain; Sweden
- ... Past failures of monocultures, caused by wind-throw or insect damages, and ongoing climate change currently strongly stimulate research into mixed-species stands. So far, the focus has mainly been on combinations of species with obvious complementary functional traits. However, for any generalization, a broad overview of the mixing reactions of functionally different tree species in different mixi ...