Jump to Main Content
- Olmedo, Rubén H.; Grosso, Nelson R.
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2019 v.121 no.5 pp. e1800428
- peroxide value, etc ; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; biopreservatives; butylated hydroxytoluene; cardboard; equations; essential oils; flavor; flavorings; food industry; foods; free radical scavengers; hedonic scales; lipid content; lipid peroxidation; lipids; oregano; oxidation; oxidative stability; peanuts; principal component analysis; rosemary; sensory evaluation; taste; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The objective of the study is to evaluate lipid oxidation stability in roasted peanuts with essential oils as natural antioxidants. Laurel, oregano, and rosemary essential oil (LEO, OEO, and REO, respectively) provide preliminary antioxidant activity determined by free radical scavenging activity (DPPH test) of 61.1, 58.4, and 47.9% and total phenolic content of 10.3, 10.6, and 8.4 mg g⁻¹ for LEO, ...
- Li, Xue; Yang, Ruinan; Lv, Chunling; Chen, Lin; Zhang, Liangxiao; Ding, Xiaoxia; Zhang, Wen; Zhang, Qi; Hu, Chundi; Li, Peiwu
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2019 v.121 no.4 pp. e1800078
- peroxide value, etc ; chlorophyll; lipid peroxidation; photooxidation; rancidity; rapeseed oil; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The residues of chlorophyll induce oxidative rancidity and deterioration through photo‐oxidation. However, the effect of chlorophyll on the quality of rapeseed oil is still unknown. In this study, chlorophyll is added into rapeseed oil to reach the desired treatment levels of 2, 5, and 10 mg kg⁻¹, while no chlorophyll is added in the control sample. Dynamic changes of the peroxide value of rapesee ...