Jump to Main Content
- Manurung, Robert; Daniel, Louis; van de Bovenkamp, Hendrik H.; Buntara, Teddy; Maemunah, Siti; Kraai, Gerard; Makertihartha, I. G. B. N.; Broekhuis, Antonius A.; Heeres, Hero J.
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2012 v.114 no.1 pp. 31-48
- Sterculia; catalysts; coatings; esters; fatty acids; hydrogen peroxide; ketones; oils; olefin; oxidants; oxidation; palladium; pour point; resins; trees
- ... An experimental study to modify Sterculia foetida L. oil (STO) or the corresponding methyl esters (STO FAME) to branched ester derivatives is reported. The transformations involve conversion of the cyclopropene rings in the fatty acid chains of STO through various catalytic as well as stoichiometric reactions. Full conversion of the cyclopropene rings was obtained using DielsâAlder chemistry inv ...
- Desroches, Myriam; Caillol, Sylvain; Auvergne, RÃ©mi; Boutevin, Bernard
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2012 v.114 no.1 pp. 84-91
- coatings; couplings; esters; ethylene glycol; glass transition temperature; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyurethanes; rapeseed oil; transesterification; vegetable oil
- ... Transesterification of methyl esters of rapeseed oil with ethylene glycol in excess led to a Ïâhydroxy fatty ester with a yield of 90%. 2âMercaptoethanol was grafted onto the double bonds of this Ïâhydroxy fatty ester by UV initiated thiolâene coupling under mild conditions. Double bond conversion was found to be quantitative and yielded a polyol with average of two primary hydroxyl func ...