Jump to Main Content
- Manurung, Robert; Daniel, Louis; van de Bovenkamp, Hendrik H.; Buntara, Teddy; Maemunah, Siti; Kraai, Gerard; Makertihartha, I. G. B. N.; Broekhuis, Antonius A.; Heeres, Hero J.
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2012 v.114 no.1 pp. 31-48
- Sterculia; catalysts; coatings; esters; fatty acids; hydrogen peroxide; ketones; oils; olefin; oxidants; oxidation; palladium; pour point; resins; trees
- ... An experimental study to modify Sterculia foetida L. oil (STO) or the corresponding methyl esters (STO FAME) to branched ester derivatives is reported. The transformations involve conversion of the cyclopropene rings in the fatty acid chains of STO through various catalytic as well as stoichiometric reactions. Full conversion of the cyclopropene rings was obtained using DielsâAlder chemistry inv ...
- Kenar, James A.
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2012 v.114 no.1 pp. 63-70
- alcohols; carbonates; esters; fatty acids; heat; melting; melting point; paraffin wax; solidification; thermal properties
- ... The thermal properties for binary mixtures at various weight fraction ratios between dodecyl carbonate (1a), tetradecyl carbonate (1b), hexadecyl carbonate (1c), and octadecyl carbonate (1d) were examined by DSC at 0.5, 1.0, and 5.0°C/min. At 5°C/min sharp well defined phase transitions were observed at 80:20, 88:12, and 90:10, for 1a:(1b, 1c, and 1d), respectively, at 74:26 and 80:20 for 1b:(1c, ...