Jump to Main Content
- Quintanilla‐Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2019 v.121 no.3 pp. e1800130
- compliance; cultivars; data collection; extra-virgin olive oil; milling; olives; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; surveys; Spain
- ... Catalonia, located in the northeast of Spain, comprises five extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) protected designations of origin (PDOs). Despite the proximity between them, these PDOs represent unique pedoclimatic conditions and traditional olive cultivars that are briefly reviewed in the present manuscript. In addition to the compliance with quality standards fixed by product specifications, EVOOs sho ...
- Quintanilla‐Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2018 v.120 no.11 pp. e1800099
- acetonitrile; blood lipids; fats and oils industry; health claims; hydrolysis; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; olives; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protocols; solvents; toxicity; virgin olive oil
- ... The determination of the total hydroxytyrosol (Htyr) and tyrosol (Tyr) content of virgin olive oil is of utmost interest for the International Olive Council (IOC), food authorities, producers, and distributors after the issuing of a health claim that “olive oil polyphenols contribute to the protection of blood lipids from oxidative stress.” To address the need of a harmonized and standardized prot ...