Jump to Main Content
- Martínez-González, Miguel A.; Fernández-Jarne, Elena; Serrano-Martínez, Manuel; Marti, Amelia; Martinez, J. Alfredo; Martín-Moreno, José M.
- European journal of nutrition 2002 v.41 no.4 pp. 153-160
- Mediterranean diet; alcohols; case-control studies; confidence interval; coronary disease; death; dose response; eating habits; etiology; fish; food frequency questionnaires; fruits; meat; myocardial infarction; odds ratio; olive oil; pasta; patients; rice; risk; risk factors; risk reduction; vegetables; white bread
- ... Background: Although an important secondary prevention trial reported an impressive protection by a Mediterranean dietary pattern on reinfarction and cardiovascular death, scarce direct epidemiologic evidence is currently available regarding the role of the Mediterranean diet in the aetiology of coronary heart disease. Aims: The aim of the study was to quantify the risk reduction of incident myoca ...
- Schröder, H.; Schmelz, E.; Marrugat, J.
- European journal of nutrition 2002 v.41 no.4 pp. 161-167
- blood pressure; calcium; drug therapy; eating habits; energy; food intake; hypertension; kidney diseases; linear models; nutrient intake; nutrients; odds ratio; potassium; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; sodium; surveys; Spain
- ... Background: Hypertension is strongly associated with cardiovascular and renal disease. However, despite the efforts made to control hypertension via drug treatment, prevalence of controlled hypertension could be considered low. Aim of the study: We performed the present study to investigate dietary habits among groups with different blood pressure status (normotensive, non-medicated hypertensive, ...