Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2019 v.58 no.5 pp. 1847-1851
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical structure; diet; disease prevention; disulfides; lipid peroxidation; liver microsomes; olive oil; olives; phenol; rats; selenium; sulfur; thiols; vitamin E
- ... PURPOSE: The objective of this study was to evaluate the capacity of modified phenols synthesized from hydroxytyrosol, a natural olive oil phenol, specifically those containing a selenium or sulphur group, to inhibit lipid peroxidation. METHODS: The compounds’ abilities to inhibit lipid peroxidation in liver microsomes obtained from vitamin E-deficient rats were compared to hydroxytyrosol. RESULTS ...
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2015 v.54 no.8 pp. 1287-1295
- acetates; adsorbents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cardiovascular diseases; disease prevention; humans; lipid peroxidation; liver microsomes; olive oil; olives; phenols; platelet aggregation; rats; resins; synergism
- ... PURPOSE: This study explored the in vitro antioxidant and anti-platelet activities of hydroxytyrosol, hydroxytyrosol acetate, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylglycol and two phenolic olive extracts. These compounds and extracts were obtained from a new industrial process to hydrothermally treat the alperujo (160 °C/60 min), a by-product of olive oil extraction. METHODS: The extracts and the purified compounds w ...