Jump to Main Content
- Kjellevold, Marian, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2019 v.58 no.6 pp. 2219-2227
- atomic absorption spectrometry; creatinine; dietary nutrient sources; eggs; fish; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; iodine; iodine deficiency; milk; preschool children; public health; regression analysis; seafoods; thyroid hormones; urine
- ... PURPOSE: Iodine is an essential trace element necessary for thyroid hormone synthesis. Iodine deficiency is a continuing public health problem despite international efforts to eliminate it. Studies on iodine status in preschoolers are scarce. Thus, the aims of the current study were to determine the iodine status and to investigate possible associations between urinary iodine concentration (UIC) a ...
- Kjellevold, Marian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2018 v.57 no.3 pp. 1003-1013
- arachidonic acid; breast feeding; breast milk; children; cooking fats and oils; diet recall; dietary fat; docosahexaenoic acid; energy intake; erythrocytes; fat intake; fatty acid composition; infants; linoleic acid; models; mothers; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; soybeans; sunflower oil; Nepal
- ... PURPOSE: Essential fatty acids play a critical role in the growth and development of infants, but little is known about the fatty acid status of populations in low-income countries. The objective was to describe the fatty acid composition of red blood cells (RBC) in breastfeed Nepali infants and a subsample of their mothers and to identify the main sources of fatty acids in the mother’s diet, as w ...