Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2015 v.54 no.8 pp. 1287-1295
- acetates; adsorbents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cardiovascular diseases; disease prevention; humans; lipid peroxidation; liver microsomes; olive oil; olives; phenols; platelet aggregation; rats; resins; synergism
- ... PURPOSE: This study explored the in vitro antioxidant and anti-platelet activities of hydroxytyrosol, hydroxytyrosol acetate, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylglycol and two phenolic olive extracts. These compounds and extracts were obtained from a new industrial process to hydrothermally treat the alperujo (160 °C/60 min), a by-product of olive oil extraction. METHODS: The extracts and the purified compounds w ...
- Rodriguez Gutierrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2011 v.50 no.7 pp. 553-562
- Mediterranean diet; adenosine diphosphate; adhesion; anti-inflammatory activity; antibodies; apoptosis; cardiovascular diseases; coagulation; fibrinogen; flow cytometry; fruits; humans; olive oil; olives; platelet aggregation; polyphenols; proteome; receptors; risk
- ... PURPOSE: Platelets play a key role in haemostasis and wound healing, contributing to formation of vascular plugs. They are also involved in formation of atherosclerosic plaques. Some traditional diets, like the Mediterranean diet, are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. Components in these diets may have anti-platelet functions contributing to their health benefits. METHODS: We ...