Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Xiangming; Harvey, Nick; Roberts, Anthony; Barbara, Dez
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 97-104
- Venturia inaequalis; amplified fragment length polymorphism; apples; conidia; cultivars; disease control; fungi; gene frequency; genetic background; genetic resistance; inoculum; loci; microsatellite repeats; orchards; trees; United Kingdom
- ... Apple scab, caused by Venturia inaequalis, is one of the most important apple diseases worldwide. To investigate between- and within-orchard fungal variability, 212 isolates were sampled from two mixed orchards, one of 10 years of age and the other of 45 years of age, in the UK and genotyped with AFLP and SSR markers. Populations of isolates from the two orchards did not differ significantly in te ...
- Miñarro, Marcos; Blázquez, María Dolores; Muñoz-Serrano, Andrés; Dapena, Enrique
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 201-209
- apples; color; cultivars; disease severity; environmental factors; fruit composition; fruiting; fungi; phenol; phenology; sugar content; texture; Spain
- ... Cultivar may be an important factor associated with the occurrence and severity of sooty blotch and flyspeck (SBFS) fungi in apple. The aim of the study was to analyse the influence of 28 cultivar features on the occurrence of the SBFS complex in apple and to categorize the importance of each using a multivariate approach. Features were classified as agronomic (related to fruiting and growing beha ...