Jump to Main Content
- Costes, E.; Lauri, P. E.; Simon, S.; Andrieu, B.
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.3 pp. 455-470
- apples; branching; canopy; climatic factors; crops; flowering; genetic variation; genotype; humans; leaves; microclimate; models; ontogeny; pathogens; pests; plant architecture; plant protection; risk; shoots; topology; wheat
- ... Plant architectural traits have been reported to impact pest and disease, i.e., attackers, incidence on several crops and to potentially provide alternative, although partial, solutions to limit chemical applications. In this paper, we introduce the major concepts of plant architecture analysis that can be used for investigating plant interactions with attacker development. We briefly review how p ...
- Bollig, Katharina; Specht, André; Myint, San Shwe; Zahn, Marc; Horst, Walter J.
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 81-96
- Verticillium dahliae; crops; defense mechanisms; fungi; genotype; glutathione; leaves; metabolites; nutrition; phloem; photosynthesis; root growth; sap; shoots; sulfur; tomatoes; vascular wilt; wilting
- ... Vascular wilt caused by the soil-borne fungus Verticillium dahliae is a major yield and quality-limiting disease across a broad spectrum of crop plants worldwide. Sulphur-enhanced plant defence mechanisms provide an opportunity to effectively and environmentally safely constrain the wilt disease levels in planta. To evaluate the influence of sulphur nutrition on the protective potential of these m ...