Jump to Main Content
- Aiello, Dalia; Scuderi, Giuseppe; Vitale, Alessandro; Firrao, Giuseppe; Polizzi, Giancarlo; Cirvilleri, Gabriella
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.137 no.1 pp. 29-41
- tomatoes; wilting; Pseudomonas mediterranea; Xanthomonas; stems; discoloration; necrosis; ribosomal DNA; vascular tissues; surveys; pith; Pectobacterium carotovorum subsp. atrosepticum; leaves; chlorosis; Pantoea agglomerans; bacteria; crops; Italy; Sicily
- ... Pith necrosis is a common disease of tomato in Europe, mainly caused by Pseudomonas corrugata and other soil-borne species of Pseudomonas. During 2011–2012 a survey was conducted in soil-grown tomato crops in southeastern Sicily (Italy). Plants showed pith necrosis, brown discolouration of the vascular tissues, leaf chlorosis and sometimes wilting of leaves. Thirty bacterial isolates from symptoma ...
- De Luca, Francesca; Vovlas, Nicola; Lucarelli, Giuseppe; Troccoli, Alberto; Radicci, Vincenzo; Fanelli, Elena; Cantalapiedra-Navarrete, Carolina; Palomares-Rius, Juan E.; Castillo, Pablo
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.136 no.4 pp. 857-872
- Heterodera; Punctodera; containers; corn; crops; cyst nematodes; cytochrome-c oxidase; genes; greenhouses; heat shock proteins; host plants; host range; mitochondrial DNA; parasitism; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; rice; soil; soil movement; China; Iran; Italy; Japan
- ... The Japanese cyst nematode Heterodera elachista was detected parasitizing corn cv Rixxer in Bosco Mesola (Ferrara Province) in Northern Italy. The only previous report of this nematode was in Asia (Japan, China and Iran) attacking upland rice; being this work the first report of this cyst nematode in Europe, and confirmed corn as a new host plant for this species. Integrative morphological and mol ...