Jump to Main Content
- Waqas, Muhammad; Khan, Abdul Latif; Hamayun, Muhammad; Shahzad, Raheem; Kim, Yoon-Ha; Choi, Kyung-Sook; Lee, In-Jung
- European journal of plant pathology 2015 v.141 no.4 pp. 803-824
- Alternaria alternata; Aspergillus terreus; Helianthus annuus; Penicillium citrinum; amino acids; antioxidants; biotic stress; catalase; catechol oxidase; crops; disease incidence; disease resistance; endophytes; free amino acids; fungi; fungicides; gibberellins; glutathione; growth promotion; hormones; host plants; industry; jasmonic acid; overwintering; oxidative stress; pathogens; peroxidase; plant growth; plant hormones; salicylic acid; siderophores; stress response; succinic acid; sustainable agriculture; symbiosis
- ... Eco-friendly strategies pertinent to disease resistance in crops are desired for sustainable agriculture as they minimize chemical input into the agriculture industry. Fungal endophytes with phytohormones secreting capacity are well known for their plant growth promotion but have never been reported previously for their favourable role in plant resistance against pathogens. We studied the role of ...
- Lemańczyk, Grzegorz; Kwaśna, Hanna
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 187-200
- Alternaria alternata; Rhizoctonia cerealis; crops; falling number; fungi; gluten; grain protein; grain yield; shoots; stems; winter wheat; Poland
- ... Sharp eyespot caused by Rhizoctonia cerealis was assessed in four winter wheat crops surveyed at four locations in north-central Poland in 2006–2009. At the four locations symptoms developed on 41.9–67.7 % of shoots of all plants (average of 4 years) and on 49–73.5 % of shoots of diseased plants (average of 4 years). Slight (category 1) disease was most frequent, occurring on 24.4–41.3 % of shoots ...