Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Ana; Butrón, Ana; Ramos, Antonio J.; Marín, Sonia; Souto, Carlos; Santiago, Rogelio
- European journal of plant pathology 2014 v.138 no.2 pp. 283-292
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; cultivars; hybrids; seeds; silk; genetic improvement; corn; environmental factors; water temperature; genotype; microbial growth; ripening; water activity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Genetic improvement is an emerging method to reduce the levels of fumonisin (FB) contamination in maize, but breeding advances depend on the development of suitable methods to accurately assess the performance of different cultivars. Our study focused on characterizing a local isolate of Fusarium verticillioides; comparing artificial inoculation techniques with this isolate (injection into kernels ...
- Rossi, Vittorio; Scandolara, Andrea; Battilani, Paola
- European journal of plant pathology 2009 v.123 no.2 pp. 159-169
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; conidia; seeds; relative humidity; corn ears; sporulation; crop residues; corn; ear rot; logit analysis; environmental factors; overhead irrigation; rain; soil; provenance; vapor pressure; environmental impact; temperature; heat sums; crops; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Silk infection by Fusarium verticillioides is caused by conidia produced on maize crop residues and results in kernel infection and consequent accumulation of fumonisins. Studies were carried out in both controlled and field conditions to understand the dynamics of sporulation on maize residues. The effect of temperature (5°C to 45°C) and incubation time (3 to 41 days) on spore production on maize ...