Jump to Main Content
- Mikhailova, E.A.; Post, C.J.
- European journal of soil science 2006 v.57 no.3 pp. 330-336
- Mollisols, etc ; biogeochemical cycles; carbon sinks; fallow; meadows; models; prediction; Russia; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Chernozems (Mollisols) play an important role in the global carbon cycle, but their contribution to the global carbon stock is often underestimated. We have estimated stocks of organic carbon in the upper 2 m in the Russian Chernozem (Haplic Chernozem) under four management regimes: a native grassland (not cultivated for at least 300 years), an adjacent continuous fallow field, a yearly-cut meadow ...
- Denef, K.; Six, J.
- European journal of soil science 2006 v.57 no.6 pp. 774-786
- Mollisols, etc ; soil; Oxisols; soil organic matter; soil stabilization; clay minerals; soil aggregates; kaolinitic soils; illitic soils; plant residues; carbon; roots; root growth; Triticum aestivum; soil microorganisms; Nebraska; Brazil; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... We conducted a study to investigate the role of aggregates in the stabilization of residue- and root-derived C in an illitic Mollisol and a kaolinitic Oxisol under the following treatments: (i) incorporated residue, (ii) growing plants, and (iii) both incorporated residue and growing plants. Residue-C dynamics were followed in soils incubated with ¹³C-labelled wheat residue with and without unlabe ...