Jump to Main Content
- Laughlin, R.J.; Stevens, R.J.; Müller, C.; Watson, C.J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.2 pp. 285-291
- acetates; bacteria; carbon; cycloheximide; fungi; grassland soils; models; nitrification; oxidation; pH; streptomycin
- ... The contribution of bacteria and fungi to NH₄⁺ and organic N (Norg) oxidation was determined in a grassland soil (pH 6.3) by using the general bacterial inhibitor streptomycin or the fungal inhibitor cycloheximide in a laboratory incubation study at 20°C. Each inhibitor was applied at a rate of 3 mg g⁻¹ oven-dry soil. The size and enrichment of the mineral N pools from differentially (NH₄¹⁵NO₃ and ...
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...