Jump to Main Content
- Balseiro, Ana; Oleaga, Álvaro; Álvarez Morales, Luis Miguel; González Quirós, Pablo; Gortázar, Christian; Prieto, José Miguel
- European journal of wildlife research 2019 v.65 no.3 pp. 38
- Sus scrofa, etc ; beef cattle; biosafety; biosecurity; calf feeders; calves; camera trapping; cost effectiveness; farms; livestock and meat industry; tuberculosis; water resources; wild boars; wildlife; Spain; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Tuberculosis (TB) transmission between wildlife and domestic animals is usually indirect when they share an interface or visit the same location at different times in order to use the same food and water resources. Preventing aggregation and subsequent contact between domestic and wild animals is a valuable and cheap tool for improving farm biosafety. This study was carried out in a beef cattle fa ...
- Mengüllüoğlu, Deniz; Ambarlı, Hüseyin
- European journal of wildlife research 2019 v.65 no.4 pp. 54
- Sus scrofa, etc ; Alectoris chukar; Apodemus; Capra hircus aegarus; Caracal caracal; Lepus europaeus; cameras; diet; forests; goats; habitat preferences; habitats; hares; hunters; mice; predation; predator-prey relationships; prey species; surveys; wild boars; wildlife; Turkey (country); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In this study, we assessed habitat preferences and temporal activity patterns of caracal (Caracal caracal) and several possible prey species in Köyceğiz Wildlife Development Reserve, south-western Turkey. We investigated whether wild goat (Capra aegagrus) is indeed the main prey of caracal and if there is evidence for excessive caracal predation on this ungulate as previously stated by researchers ...